Hot Buttered Death
the southern white crap that talks back
links
Click here to have links automatically open in new window

Thursday, January 30, 2003  

Adam considers the Triple J Hottest 100.

I feel very old (at 21, work that out). Looking at this years Triple J Hottest 100 I realised that i've never heard half the songs, and at least a third of the artists are a mystery to me too.
Of the 50% in there that I am familiar with I can't find one song I would actually vote for. By the biggest default in history I'd go for Eminem's "Without Me". [...]
I can't say the list has a great pedigree though. Previous winners include middle of the road whinge rock (cough, cough) like "Zombie" by the Cranberries, "Wonderwall" by Oasis, "My Happiness" by Powderfinger and Alex Lloyd's "Amazing" as well as pissy novelty songs like "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" - proof surely that the listeners are slightly less 'alternative' than the national broadcaster would have you believe.

Eh. Triple J hasn't been "alternative" for a long time. I heard a faintly disturbing rumour that Richard Kingsmill is leaving the station soon, too... haven't been able to get any more info on that one, though, so it may not be true. Here's hoping...

posted by James Russell | 3:32 PM


archives
what the critics have said