Hot Buttered Death
the southern white crap that talks back
links
Click here to have links automatically open in new window

Tuesday, February 04, 2003  

Brink Lindsey wants to know what the worst song of all time is. So much bad music, so many possibilities... I nominated "Hole In My Soul" by Aerosmith, a song so dire it had to rip off REO Speedwagon's "Keep On Loving You" for its opening riff, cos I had to narrow it down, but there were so many more I could've named. I'll only say, however, that a few other suggestions in the list are plain damn ignorant and whoever said the whole period 1965-75 should be blotted out except for "Genesis, King Crimson, David Bowie, Pink Floyd [and] Elvis" needs an almighty smack. Not that those folks did bad things back then, but to suggest that nothing else good came from that time is astonishingly stupid.

posted by James Russell | 8:20 PM


archives
what the critics have said