Hot Buttered Death
the southern white crap that talks back
links
Click here to have links automatically open in new window

Thursday, February 06, 2003  

Jacko furious after that documentary about him.

"I trusted Martin Bashir to come into my life and that of my family because I wanted the truth to be told.
"Martin Bashir persuaded me to trust him, that his would be an honest and fair portrayal of my life and told me that he was 'the man that turned Diana's life around'.
The pop star went on: "Today I feel more betrayed than perhaps ever before; that someone who had got to know my children, my staff and me, whom I let into my heart and told the truth, could then sacrifice the trust I placed in him and produce this terrible and unfair programme.
"Everyone who knows me will know the truth which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child."

Whatever you say, Michael. Don't complain too much, though, since your sales don't appear to have been too badly hurt:

Some of Jackson's most famous albums have seen notable rises in sales since Monday night's screening of his interview with Martin Bashir.
Sales of Thriller shot up by 500% on Tuesday compared to the previous week's performance and his greatest hits package HIStory rocketed by 1,000% at HMV. [...]
HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo said: "Although they started from a very low base the week before, the sales rise is quite significant. I would not be surprised if they continued for the rest of the week.
"I think it shows that exposure may not be particularly favourable but it will always add to some degree of sales increase."

posted by James Russell | 6:27 PM


archives
what the critics have said