Hot Buttered Death
the southern white crap that talks back
links
Click here to have links automatically open in new window

Sunday, February 23, 2003  

Jim Capozzola ponders religious proselytising.

And yesterday, while taking care of some errands I was stopped by a young woman who appeared to want to ask me for directions or the time. I was wrong.
“Do you know Jesus?” she asked me.
I paused, and, not having blogged anything particularly snarky that day, my sarcastic streak emerged: “You mean the guy who owns that electronics store on Walnut Street?” I responded.
She was not amused. But then, neither was I.

Yes, but have you ever been proselytised at on a bus where you can't make an easy escape from the proselyte? I have. It was not pleasant. However, I eventually took my vengeance on him by writing him into a story wherein I made him a follower of an evil alien deity who comes to an untimely and violent end at the hands of a minion of another evil alien deity.

posted by James Russell | 5:38 PM


archives
what the critics have said