Hot Buttered Death
the southern white crap that talks back
links
Click here to have links automatically open in new window

Monday, March 24, 2003  

I don't know if I like the sound of this...

The Federal Government has secured two more double dissolution triggers, after the Senate rejected its unfair dismissal bill and another bill demanding secret union ballots.
A third bill aimed at abolishing compulsory union fees is also set for the same fate later this week.
The Government secured its first double dissolution election trigger recently, when a bill to prevent secondary boycotts by unions was thrown out by the Senate.

I'm hoping someone out there who's better versed in these things can tell me what that actually means. How many triggers do they need before they dissolve both houses? Are they actually obliged to do so? If so, when? I mean, shit, I just voted on the weekend, I don't want to be having to vote again too soon... especially since I don't think an election is entirely in the country's best interests at the moment...

posted by James Russell | 10:28 PM


archives
what the critics have said