Hot Buttered Death
the southern white crap that talks back
links
Click here to have links automatically open in new window

Friday, April 04, 2003  

CIA man says welcome to World War IV.

Former CIA Director James Woolsey said Wednesday the United States is engaged in World War IV, and that it could continue for years.

IV? What happened to III?

In the address to a group of college students, Woolsey described the Cold War as the third world war and said "This fourth world war, I think, will last considerably longer than either World Wars I or II did for us. Hopefully not the full four-plus decades of the Cold War."

Ah, right, that explains all. Funnily enough, when I was growing up in the 1980s, i.e. in the last decade of the Cold War, I recall there still being a certain fear of an impending third world war, with the US and the then-USSR duking it out with nukes. How nice of Woolsey to let us know the Cold War was in fact the third world war we were all dreading. I mean, shit, I was there and even at that age I could've sworn it was the Cold War, but evidently not. I don't know about you, but I can't wait to find out what bit of history Woolsey will try to rewrite next...

posted by James Russell | 9:15 PM


archives
what the critics have said