Hot Buttered Death
the southern white crap that talks back
links
Click here to have links automatically open in new window

Saturday, April 05, 2003  

Gary S-T looks at the ABC's weblogging piece from the other night.

I did manage to see the piece of Oz bloggers on the ABC's 7.30 Report. I was painting the roof of the porch at the time and was trying to listen to Kerry O'Brien. I heard something about the coalition military forces trying to convince Iraqi civilians that they're liberators rather than conquerors.
Then Suzanne my partner called me in. Everybody looked the part. Such a diverse bunch of public intellectuals. But no Tim Blair? Then I went back to painting for an hour or so and I mulled it all over while high on the paint fumes.

That's a good point he's got there, and I'm sorry I didn't think of it myself. Where exactly was Tim Blair? Why didn't the ABC interview him? Could Tim not bring himself to talk to the enemy or something? It's odd, cos whatever else can be said against him, he probably is the OzBlogger with the biggest international readership and his Australian readership is probably fair-sized as well. And if the piece was interested in the relationship between old media and blogging, surely he would've been an obvious choice? Still, as someone noted in the comments to John Quiggin's post, it was a short bit for the 7.30 Report, not a 4 Corners special...

posted by James Russell | 2:57 PM


archives
what the critics have said