Hot Buttered Death
the southern white crap that talks back
links
Click here to have links automatically open in new window

Wednesday, April 16, 2003  

Howard knows his limits, apparently.

MITCHELL:
The Americans also seem to be turning attention to Syria. Do you support that?
PRIME MINISTER:
Well I certainly support the warnings they’ve given Syria about not cooperating with terrorism. I don’t think what the Americans have said should be construed for a moment as heralding some kind of invasion of Syria. I think there has been a complete overreaction by some people to what they have said. I certainly don’t expect for a moment, and would not support, any invasion of Syria. That’s not something that’s on our agenda.

We'll see how long he holds to that, though I will say they're heartening words.

posted by James Russell | 1:57 PM


archives
what the critics have said